NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Simple pleasures

Priesters

This time next week it will be exactly 3 years since my wife, daughter and son made the terrible, terrible decision to buy me a Celestron Astromaster 76EQ for my 48th birthday.  Little did they know just how much of the family money I would subsequently pour in to this new found passion.  Tonight I have returned to basics, looking at the moon and later hoping to get a glimpse of Saturn’s rings through an actual eyepiece rather than lap top, camera etc.  

I’m posting here as I’ve learnt so much from this site and have never properly said hello to everyone and thanked you all for being such a wonderful, knowledgeable and sharing community.  And yes, maybe I have had one or two of those Cobra lagers you can see in the pic.

All the best.

Andrew

A9733561-5991-46D3-8196-396E8079BFFF.jpeg

FCC33705-AE49-41BF-B31C-42B08D1BAD22.jpeg

Edited by Priesters
  • Like 9

Well done and you've got the camera obscura 'V' at the top of the pic, the 'X' not quite showing, I've been trying to get similar tonight using my newish HEQ5 mount, but nice to see you on the forum. 🌙👌

• Like 1

Just to conclude.  Walked 1/4 mile up a country lane from the caravan site last night and set the Orion Table Top on top of a handy boulder and spent a very pleasurable couple of hours viewing Saturn, Jupiter and its moons without any technical hitches and the best seeing I think I’ve ever experienced so far plus glimpsed a couple of meteors.  Tonight looks even better so I’ll be out again in half an hour. If this carries on Flo’s share price might drop! (Just kidding Flo, please may I have my EQ6R Pro and Optec Lepus Reducer whenever you’re ready 😂)

• Like 2