Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO 224 Versus SVBony 305 Pro?

So I'm contemplating options for a new camera for my Skymax 127 on an AZ-GTi mount

I've done a quick compare of specs and taken a shot of the astro tools FOVS for comparison  Purple is the SV305 Pro specs (see pics)

So far I see the ZWO 224 or the SvBony 305 Pro Anyone experience of both?

I've seen some comments about green tinting on the 305- is that still an issue with them?

Which would you go for and why?

Or is there another model that you think is for looking at for a similar price point?

camera compare.jpg

astronomy_tools_fov.png

Edited by Mach13

On 25/06/2021 at 12:26, Mach13 said:

So far I see the ZWO 224 or the SvBony 305 Pro Anyone experience of both?

I have the ASI224mc and you can see the pictures I have taken with it in the link posted in my signature. Several friends of mine use the same for Planetary photography with great results too. Looks like the SvBony 305 comes with an IR cut filter which may not be suited for objects that have high detail in IR range, but for planetary it should be good.

Read this post as well...https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/572689-sensor-differences-between-imx224-and-imx290/

Edited by AstroMuni
  • Like 1