Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rigel Dome Rotation Drive With Key Fob Remote Pics & Instructions

bilbo

I've started a new post for the benefit of anyone needing info on these drives in the future.

Thanks to xsubariner for the "manual"

There seems to be a few variations on these,

Simple variable speed rotation. Dome needs to be moved by hand to new position after backing off knobs

RF Remote via a velleman kit (my type), A key fob remote with forwards / backwards is used to slew the dome to the new position.  Backwards rotation should be done inbetween the regular pulses which rotate the dome forwards

Shelyak interface which allows computer control of the tracking

If anyone can add info/pics of their "variants"  I'm sure it will be appreciated

Rigel Dome Controller.JPG

Rigel Dome Controller Electrics.JPG

Rigel Dome Controller Installation Manual.pdf

Edited by bilbo

Steve

That is exactly the same Dome Controller Board as mine.  The main difference is that the first Pulsar domes had a different arrangement of the wall - dome interface meaning that the rotation system had to be battery powered rather than mains.  So mine has an internal 12V battery linked to a solar panel charger (I actually use a mains charger when the dome is out of use.) There are other threads in this forum that describe the process I went through to computer link (not using Shelyak) and the help that I got from others - which was essential. Mine is successfully computer controlled - for rotation only via a wifi connection.  The attached pdf file describes it and includes the parts and circuit diagram.

0819PulsarDomeAutomation.pdf