SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help with guiding! Starts fine then goes wild

I finally received my modded t3i and field flattener for the Zenithstar 61 so I'm ready to go. I'm using a Star Adventurer 2i, asi120mm and asiair pro.

Get everything good set up, acquire target and do the guiding calibration. It bounced between .9 and 1.2, 180s subs produced nice pinpoint stars. 10 or so images I to the routine it starts going wild, rms shoots way up and stars streaking.

Redo calibration and same issue.

Any ideas what the issue could be? How do I go back to single star guiding if I want to try that out instead of multistar?

4 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Batteries? Is it well balanced? 

Brand new Energizer Max batteries in the Star Adventurer, balanced fairly well. Would the position of the camera/scope setup on the dovetail make a difference? Sliding it back or forwards?

6 minutes ago, Jay6879 said:

Brand new Energizer Max batteries in the Star Adventurer, balanced fairly well. Would the position of the camera/scope setup on the dovetail make a difference? Sliding it back or forwards?

I don't think it's a balance issue but I reverse the dovetail foot on my Z61 to help balance it.

How is it unguided ?

Dave

16 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

I don't think it's a balance issue but I reverse the dovetail foot on my Z61 to help balance it.

How is it unguided ?

Dave

I saw a guy on YouTube who reversed the foot as well, it's just such a pain in the ass cause it won't fit in the soft carry case it came in if I do that so everytime I gotta flip it back at the end.

Tbh I never tried to see what happened without guiding, though that probably should've been my first process of elimination. I'll give that that try tonight and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

How is it unguided ?

Dave

Would the guide cameras exposure have anything to do with it, should I drop it lower? I was using 3s.