Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

did I get my first sunspot?

FMA

I think I got it, I could see it with the eyepiece. I took a few photos playing with different times. The best I got its when there was a cloud passing through. Its that small black dot on the right base, But checking in internet says theres no sunspots today......

did I hunt it? or it was mi imagination?

IMG_5115-2.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FMA said:

I think I got it, I could see it with the eyepiece. I took a few photos playing with different times. The best I got its when there was a cloud passing through. Its that small black dot on the right base, But checking in internet says theres no sunspots today......

did I hunt it? or it was mi imagination?

IMG_5115-2.jpg

Yes, I think you did! Well done.

There is a new active region just visible since yesterday and still very near the limb. I can’t tell from the orientation of your image of its in the right place but it looks very much like it.

What scope did you use? Did you check visually! It shows a nice umbra and penumbra plus faculae surrounding it. You can see it by checking SolarMonitor, the spot is on the left hand limb. My image of left/right reversed.

22D82A73-8B5A-454C-A792-98DADEAA8EC5.jpeg

2097C4AC-A5EE-4DA7-8B6B-F25C966126A3.jpeg

skywatcher 130 ads with zoom eyepiece and canon 90d

thanks!!!!

I've been trying few days and never got the sunspots. cause I don't know the technique, I just shot in different times

this one is   1,8000.      iso 800

thanks