Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar. Tue 2 6 21. A practice run for the 10 6 21

simmo39

Not using my solar scope that much and still getting my head around processing I thought I would do a test run yesterday as I was off work and the sun looked clear. Taken with my solar scout and played around with in IMPPG ( not sure how to use this prog ) and the colour added. The second image is my best solar shot to date but still lots of improvment needed! Hints and tips most welcome.

51221289582_21d3b15e73_b.jpg

51222213333_549977e67d_b.jpg

• Like 6

It’s a bit of a long video but the link below goes through how to use ImPPG. I tend to disable the sharpening tool as I find there are easier more controllable methods for sharpening in other applications. However, the curve adjustment tool is brilliant and well worth the time following this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/-zD4EIGBess

Edited by Hughsie
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

It’s a bit of a long video but the link below goes through how to use ImPPG. I tend to disable the sharpening tool as I find there are easier more controllable methods for sharpening in other applications. However, the curve adjustment tool is brilliant and well worth the time following this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/-zD4EIGBess

Thanks I will give it a go.