Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Partial eclipse 10th

bish

Hi all,

I think i will take a few pics of the partial eclipse, if it is clear. I"ve got a white light filter for my mak and might just hold it over the camera lens hood. Will be a bit more fiddly than buying filter paper and making one, but I probably wont use it again until 2024. I think it should work OK?

Thanks

8 hours ago, bish said:

Hi all,

I think i will take a few pics of the partial eclipse, if it is clear. I"ve got a white light filter for my mak and might just hold it over the camera lens hood. Will be a bit more fiddly than buying filter paper and making one, but I probably wont use it again until 2024. I think it should work OK?

Thanks

Should be fine, that's what I did for an annular eclipse in 2012 from Kyoto. I hand held eclipse glasses in front of the lens. My avatar is that very pic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Challen said:

Should be fine, that's what I did for an annular eclipse in 2012 from Kyoto. I hand held eclipse glasses in front of the lens. My avatar is that very pic.

Thanks Roy.