NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sharpcap pop-up

Hello folks, new member here.

I had a strange pop-up appear on sharpcap that I have no idea what it means. Just to let you know I am a total novice at astrophotography I've been a visual astronomer for over 30 years and I am just dipping my toes into this side of the hobby.

This message pops up on every capture function on Sharpcap everything else works fine. I just can't seem to find this missing folder it keeps telling me about. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling different versions and I still get the same thing happen, I can't find anything in the options to help me. So as you can see I am at a total loss of what to do.

If any of you know what this problem is any help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks guys.

IMG_20210529_120808431~2.jpg

Edited by J4y2372
missed a bit of info

What happens if you go into settings and set the below location to somewhere you have access to, say your "pictures" location or even the Desktop as I have?

Capture.PNG

Edited by scotty38
  • Like 1

ok thanks, I thought you'd changed the location but anyway I assume you get to that location via browsing using the ... button at the end and I assume you are logged in as "Owner" and have rights? I assume you do if you use the tool to browse to the location though.....

Oh assume you have enough disk space too?

Edited by scotty38

Yes to all but one, I don't use tool to browse because I don't really know what that is, like I say I am a total novice to this and as you can see not very computer savvy. Strange thing is when I try sharpcap on my even older laptop it works fine and will capture...The problem is my spare laptop is SLOW and I mean slow to the point of being almost unusable... It must be something with this laptop I'm using BTW, it's a old 32bit hp running windows 10.

Just a thought, I gather that you have a folder called SharpCap Captures on your desktop, right click on the folder, click properties and make sure that spelling, capitals and spaces are the same as the Sharpcap save folder.  If not, change the SharpCap save to the same as your desktop folder address. HTH

Hey guys

I've sorted it I think.....The problem was it wasn't allowing me to run as admin for some reason so I uninstalled  and this time installed version 3.1. Now as you know, usually you would just right click on the program and select run as admin, but the problem  was , it didn't give me that option in the menu tab...So I went into the windows tab on desk top, found sharp cap there, right clicked on it....Eureka run as admin popped up....Problem solved.....Told you I wasn't very computer savvy lol.

Thanks a million guys for responding to this now simply solved problem.