Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Photo-Visual Guide to the Summer Triangle

Well, summer is allegedly upon us, hence I thought now would be a good time to produce a video or two all about the Summer Triangle! 

I've tried to make it interesting for all creeds of astronomer whether you're interested in astrophotography, visual astronomy, or space science. It might help newcomers learn the northern hemisphere summer skies, as well as choose the right equipment to observe objects and what focal length optics to use in order to frame targets for imaging.

I've also tried to include some interesting info about each object for those that already know the skies well :)

The credits for the images used are in the description of the video on YouTube. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks very informative! As a beginner with interest in seeing nebulas it is extremely helpful on the summer delights upon us!

No problem :) Nebula can be tricky depending on how dark your skies are, but your 200p Dobsonian is a good tool for the job. You can also try wearing an eye patch over your observing eye for a while before you observe, this will dilate your pupil and let in more of that faint light.    

• Like 1