NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and m82

Neo_uk

Just started getting my head around pixinsight and not the best of data to start with if I'm honest and not alot of it either ...

But thought I'd have go.

60 x 60s L

60 x 30s rgb

8 x 300s ha 

Asi 1600mm pro

102mm starwave triplet with .8 reducer. 

m 81.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks Peter...

Yes it is ....just got the 45day trial at the moment ...but I can see the capability of the software is immense. 

Just trying to develop a work flow at the moment....some great tutorials on YouTube and I suppose its like anything the more you use it the more familiar it all becomes and the more sense it all makes 😆. 

I went for the 1600mm pro in the end .. so getting to grips with that as well ....

Still going to keep the sx 694 though as you say they have a superb sensor.

Edited by Neo_uk

Nice one Chris - you've picked a good time to get stuck into something while waiting for darkness again :) 

Be careful with the stretch on those galaxies, they're bright anyway - you might have some more detail if you take it back a little.  M81 is looking great.

I think the SX 694 has the same chip as the Atik 460EX - small yes, but great chips (I really enjoy using my 460 anyway).

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lee...

Yep I'm sure there's lots more detail lurking in there somewhere 😆..

Yes I like the sxvr-h694 gives me two different fields of view with the 1600mm pro aswell ...all with the same scope too ! .

• Like 1