Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

From LDN1171 to the Iris and Ghost nebulae

gorann

If I did some cropping I found that I could also add data that I had from October on LDN1171 to the image I recently posted, which put the Iris in the center. I do like the broader FOV. And, @ollypenrice, I made sure not to loose the reddish structures around the central star in the Iris. So it is now from LDN1171 (to the left) to NGC7023 and Sh2-136 for those who like proper designations😉

The story behind the image is the same: The loss of astro darkness have made me dig a bit deeper in the data I collected this season and try to be creative by mixing data. I discovered that I had a RASA image from August 2020 of these objects to which I could add more RASA data of the Iris from October 2020 and also 5 hours of refractor data of the Ghost and surrounding creatures from 2018. The refractor data was added to about 50%, mainly as lum.

RASA data collected 13-24 August and 21-22 October 2020 using a RASA 8 and ASI2600MC (gain 100). 320 x 2 min.

Refractor data collected 15-16 Spetember 2018 using an Esprit 150 and ASI071MC (gain 200). 60 x 5 min.

So totally about 15 hours put together in PI and processed in PS and PI.

20200821-20201014 Iris Neb RASA Mosaik PS17smallSign.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

That's really special. 😀 On other images I've seen of the Iris and Ghost, the Ghost is much brighter than its surroundings, but here you've enticed several more ghosts from their murky hidey-holes as well. 😁

Alan

31 minutes ago, symmetal said:

That's really special. 😀 On other images I've seen of the Iris and Ghost, the Ghost is much brighter than its surroundings, but here you've enticed several more ghosts from their murky hidey-holes as well. 😁

Alan

Thanks Alan! Yes, when processing this data it soon became clear to me that the Ghost did not come alone to the party but brought many small nasty friends with him, some still hiding in the dust😉

• Haha 1