Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New DIY power distribution

powerlord

So, I've made a more sophisticated and permanent version of my first attempt :

This has a solid aluminium box, 3 x USBs (each can output 2a), 2 outputs for DLSRs (8.2v), and 4 x 12v outputs - which can total 10amps. And an on/off switch. It's internally fused.

It is powered by a 24-26vv supply - basically because I'm using it portably with my electric bike battery packs (which are 52v and can be rewired on the fly to 26v). Or with a 24v mains PSU (I use a 6amp one).

Therefore when at home, and I've finished fitting the weatherproof power sockets at the end of the garden I can plug the PSU into one, and power the whole setup that way. And when I'm away in the motorhome, I can simply plug one of the electric bike batteries in.

Those batteries are between 6-800Watt hours, so will run the setup for 3 or 4 nights for 2 complete setups (2 mounts, ASIAIR, wifi extender, 2 main cameras, 2 guide cameras, dew heaters and a laptop).

Job's a good un. 😉

IMG_20210504_181819.jpg

IMG_20210504_181830.jpg

IMG_20210504_180823.jpg

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 2