Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyginus and Rima Hyginus (21/04/2021)

rob_r

Losing the darkness now and especially on a 'work' night, time is getting tighter so after some fruitless galaxy hunting, I switched back to the moon.

A close up of the Mare Vaporum area from the evening of the 21st Apr 2021 near Preston, Lancs. My target here was the Hyginus crater and Rima Hyginus. I wasn't wholly convinced I captured it until I processed the stack. Pretty happy I managed to get it, be it on a smaller scale and the image turned out quite well despite feeling pushed for time. Seeing seemed to be good too. I tried with 2x barlow but it produced a terrible glare across the sensor.

Equipment: SW127 SCT; ZWO ASI224MC; SW EQ5 GoTo mount. Captured via ASI Cap on Mac OS. Processed x4 three minute videos, stacked the best 15% in AS!3; wavelet sharpened in Registax 6; median stacked and level adjusted in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking.

2021-04-21-Moon_stacked.jpg.3eaf18637df4e8100afadde28098ac24.jpg

Edited by rob_r
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Nik271 said:

Looks very good! You also got Rima Hadley on top, Rima Ariadaeus and also the Triesnecker rilles below Hyginus, they look like an elongated letter K. Excellent result!

Thanks for pointing those out, I see them now. Seems I caught a few more too, Rima Bradley, Fresnel and Archimedes. I'll have to figure out the barlow issue to try and get a closer look at all these features.

• Like 1