NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

No link with mount

recceranger

Is your power supply good & accurate (12-13volts)? 

If you power up the mount, without the handset connected, does it keep slewing around ??  Trying ascertain whether the problem is with mount or handset .....    

If its with the mount, and depending how old it is, you need to either contact the retailer and\or undo the control 'face-plate' and check that there are no obvious signs of damage on the control board.

If the problem appears to be with the handset, firstly, try re-flashing the firmware.

• Like 1

Thanks Ju,

I’ve been using a power oak 500 portable power tank over the past year and it’s been great. The issue is regularly intermittent. Sometimes when I power up I won’t get the warning and can accomplish star alignment. Then when I attempt to slew to an object it either ends up in a strange configuration (pointing at the ground) or does continuous 360 rotations. On other attempts the warning ‘no link with mount’ will flash up immediately and the mount will perform erratically on attempting star alignment?🤔

you may have a dodgy, mount to handset cable.  If you have a spare ethernet cable to hand you could try try that instead (yes they will work as they effectively, are just one to one cables)

From your picture above, it appears that you are using your mount solely for imaging ??  if so, then I'd suggest that you forget the handset and drive the mount directly from the PC via a USB to serial connection ...   

Thanks and yes, that’s the plan as soon as I get my head around EQMOD and APT etc.

Ps; got the mount working and you were spot on with initial analysis. The power tank was dropping current in AC when to many devices were attached. I’ve got it hooked up now and it’s working a dream😃👍

Thanks for the help 👍