Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGP plate solve on recovery?

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to make SGP do a platesolve when it exits recovery mode? If clouds pass over and block the target then it keeps trying to restart which is great. But if there is a reasonable time gap before it can recover the target will often drift and you lose framing. When it restarts it simply carries on with the sequence but does not check if it is still pointing at the target. I'm wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere as it seems strange not to platesolve or recovery just as it would with a meridian flip.  Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by AbsolutelyN

I've not used the feature myself, (I tend to hover around indoors while imaging, keeping an eye out 😁) but according to this topic on CN SGP will re-center on recovery if the guide star is lost causing a sequence failure. Whether auto center has to be enabled at the start as well, in the sequence properties, to allow recenter on recovery, I can't say.

Alan