Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Whale and a stick!

simmo39

Hi all, well this is my first light with my new Askar FRA400. Not realy the target for the scope and im not really a gallaxy man prefering Nebula but as this is probably the last chance Ill get to test the scope before I swtch to solar stuff for the summer it will do. It is a quick rough and ready LRGB shot with a quick stir in PI. I could have done with double the data to really get the detail out but work and life cut short each session. So here is the details:

Taken with my ASI 1600mm through my Askar 400

L 47 x 120 s, R 30 x 60s, G 30 x 60 s and B 28 x 60s.  The blue data was very poor and I should have dumped it but i was deperate to get a test shot sorted. So here it is:

Cropped image 

51118569080_187c11548f_b.jpg

And a cropped image of a crop!

51117522389_241e5075da_b.jpg

Hints and tips most welcome.

• Like 9

Those first two images look great @simmo39  Love the detail you've captured with the FRA400, the crop really showing it off.  Very nice colours too with that blue adding a sparkle that really makes them both shine.  

There's still a little bit of a patchy gradient - not sure if it was too tricky to remove though, but thought I'd mention it.

Lovely first light.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Those first two images look great @simmo39  Love the detail you've captured with the FRA400, the crop really showing it off.  Very nice colours too with that blue adding a sparkle that really makes them both shine.  

There's still a little bit of a patchy gradient - not sure if it was too tricky to remove though, but thought I'd mention it.

Lovely first light.

Thank you for the comments. The gradients were a real problem, in the end i went for the least offensive to my eyes. I need to get my head around getting rid of them using PI, I seem to get rid of one colour only to get another.

• Like 1