Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1.25" filter adaptor to 2" (48mm??)

Has anyone come across an adaptor plate/disk/diaphragm which would allow a 1.25" filter ( I think the thread is 28mm) to a 2" filter thread (48mm)??. Can't seem to see anything usefull in the collection of step-up rings.

Don't want to use a 1.25 to 2" adaptor in the focuser; just need a thin(?) plate to hold the smaller filter in a 48mm thread.

I once needed to do a similar thing, and used a small length of barrel from an old 1.25" eyepiece, into which the filter was screwed, and then I slid two heavy rubber 'O' rings over the barrel, which made it a nice tight 'push fit' into the 2" adapter.

It solved a problem, and worked very well.

Dave

OK, no stepper rings from 28.5mm to 48mm.

I've removed a old UV filter from its 48mm ring and found an empty (???) 1.25mm filter.

I figure by gluing the 28.5mm to a 3mm thick disk and then mounting it inside the 48mm ring I'll achieve success!!

( this then allows me to mount the Baader transmission grating in a 2" adaptor infront of the camera)

Archived