Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Google Mars simpley stunning

timetraveller

Hiya Guys and Girls

I decided yesterday to take a look at the new google Mars site and am i glad i did.

It is truly an amazing site, The level of detail on the images is truly stunning as are the options you get the chance to view in either visual , elevation, or infra red mode

there is also a detailed flight Sim. For anybody interested in planetary Geology this is a must have site all the images that are used are NASA high resolution/definition satellite imaging if i had to give it a score it would be 15 out of 10 but don't just take my word for it go check it out yourselves.

here is the link enjoy Pete

http://www.google.com/mars/

The implementation of mars data in Goole earth is even better - some really high resolution data in there.

The only dissapointment is that the majority of recent data (e.g. from HiRise etc) is not incorporated as overlays - although there are direct links to it from within the application.

Hello moonhawk

yes i will second that i downloaded google Earth five yesterday which not only includes Google mars but also the new google Ocean.

Can I just take this opportunity to say anybody who has an interest in either Earth science or in Planetary Geology you should seriously concider adding google 5, to your knowledge data base you can zoom down onto all the plate margins which show superb 3D detail also shows continental rise and slopes and the various abyssal plains and island arcs. it also has a live Earthquake register as part of the software interface absolutely outstanding Microsoft for once you have delivered big time

Archived