Meteorite

Rustang

While I often see the very quick dash of a meteorite, I saw my second best tonight! It lasted about 3-4 seconds was really clear and bright with a nice little tail. A very nice little meteriote. Unfortunately my best view will take some beating, I was up in Kendal years ago and me, my brother and my Dad watched a big fire ball, it was actually burning orange, with a long tail, two little ones trailing behind, it came from in the distance, flew over my brothers house and off into the distance again, we all stood there draw dropped as it came over head. One amazing experience and knocked the socks off the recent one that a few people saw.  Tonight's was still cool though! 😊

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 4

Nice sighting !

Always a thrill to see a little fragment of the early solar system burn up in the atmosphere.

I think they are meteors unless they are proved to have reached the earths surface when they become meteorites :smiley:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John said:

Nice sighting !

Always a thrill to see a little fragment of the early solar system burn up in the atmosphere.

I think they are meteors unless they are proved to have reached the earths surface when they become meteorites :smiley:

We learn something new every day! 😊

• Like 1