Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY294

orionoffelt

I was thinking of buying the QHY294m-Pro camera at the moment I use a QHY9 and use Nebulosity for image capture along with PHD 1. The question I need answered before I buy the new camera is could I use Nebulosity and PHD 1 for imaging I have had years of using Nebulosity and PHD 1 with no problems and am a bit reluctant to change to say NINA and PHD 2 as if it’s “ not broke then don’t fix it “ has anyone any advice ?

Bob

23 hours ago, orionoffelt said:

I was thinking of buying the QHY294m-Pro camera at the moment I use a QHY9 and use Nebulosity for image capture along with PHD 1. The question I need answered before I buy the new camera is could I use Nebulosity and PHD 1 for imaging I have had years of using Nebulosity and PHD 1 with no problems and am a bit reluctant to change to say NINA and PHD 2 as if it’s “ not broke then don’t fix it “ has anyone any advice ?

Bob

Well unless you intend to use it as a guide camera I think that PHD1 will not be an issue. But I don't see why you would not go to PHD2, it will likely improve your guiding. 

Thanks for the reply. I have never had an issue with PHD1 but like you have said maybe I should move up to PHD2 I think I will set it up as there is no imaging possible at the moment and see how it goes.

Bob