Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first eyepiece which one ?

Hi, i have a celestron c6, it came with a 25mm eyepiece just wondered if any of youexperiencedguys out there could recommend me where to go from hear, something mid range not to expensive , forgot ive got a 2x barlow as well.

hi fellow Mac addict!My scope came with a 25 mm and a 10 mm. with the Barlow, I'm happy enough with the power I get in the Dobsonian. I decided to make my first additional eyepiece purchase a wide angle - 36 mm Meade 4000 QX. There's been good and bad reviews on this particular eyepiece, but it was reasonably prices and I'm impressed with the view. (Saturn at 10mm/5mm (with the Barlow) are very impressive though. You may want to decide if you want to move to close up or wide field viewing as your next step.

cheers,

Barry

As the SCT has a narrow field of view I would recommend wide angle EPs. A 32mm, 12mm and a barlow (if you don't have one) would give you a range of magnifications from 47x to 250x. The wide angle EP will give you a much larger FOV than equivalent Plossls.

Mike

Archived