Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 - Bubble Nebula

Mike JW

Having visited the  Nova Cas 2021 I thought I would tweak the scope and go across to the nearby Bubble Nebula. I was rather surprised by how much I was able to pick up with a 7" scope and in less than 5 minutes. This nebula lies about 7000 lyrs away and the bubble is about 7 lyrs across. The bubble is formed by the mag 8.7 star - near to the left of the bubble. It is  large, young blue star about 4 million lyrs old. Its intense UV radiation is ionising the surrounding hydrogen to form H11. The bubble lies within a massive dust/gas cloud.

1337132519_NGC763520Mar21_16_16_33.png.f8f3662d2d9afbd778514331495e8681.png

PS. ignore the 15@f3.5, it was STF 7"@ f6.0

After this I popped over to the Cats Eye Nebula but the result whilst OK is not worth posting.

Mike

Edited by Mike JW
grammar
  • Like 8

• 1 year later...

Hi Mike,

That's a really nice image of the Bubble!  It's considerably cleaner and sharper than the first and while you say, there's not a huge difference in detail it looks quite abit fuller (I assume because of the extra resolution of the 15").  Well done!

• Thanks 1