Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon FD 135mm f3.5 with this adapter... any good?

My current set up is a 55-250mm and a stock 550d, and a star adventurer. I have found a mint canon fd 135mm f3.5 lens on second hand for about 40€.

Also thought of getting this adapter

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjG19jR96_vAhVDstUKHaPzDukYABAFGgJ3cw&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2GTKV_nfATUoliK-fekIK6OemJw7KCMPFJRY7LjQrKvWjwvVBbKEtToiq_yqa431vYRc1p-xXaHw1QiDW6HE&sig=AOD64_2f_-chQizeDxeQBb-FB6MmUc9cqw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjlqc_R96_vAhUS8xQKHaIxAt0Qwg96BAgCEBw&adurl=

Thoughts?

Is it any good?

2 minutes ago, feverdreamer1 said:

Thoughts?

Hi

Perhaps not a good idea. The glass in the fd adaptor renders the lens useless for astrophotography.

Maybe consider an old Zeiss or Takumar 135 instead? They're available at around €50 and the adaptors m42-eos -at around €2-  do not need a lens to reach infinity.

Of course, YMMV but maybe best to cut losses on the fd adaptor?

Cheers and HTH

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi

Perhaps not a good idea. The glass in the fd adaptor renders the lens useless for astrophotography.

Maybe consider an old Zeiss or Takumar 135 instead? They're available at around €50 and the adaptors m42-eos -at around €2-  do not need a lens to reach infinity.

Of course, YMMV but maybe best to cut losses on the fd adaptor?

Cheers and HTH

Ohh, i see, thank god i didnt order it.

I havent found any takumars or Zeiss, but will continue looking. You're right, better to cut losses on that adaptor.

Thanks and CS,

S

2 hours ago, alacant said:

Hmm yeah, normally I search for things that are local/in hand sale, haven't ever bought in ebay. Will check it out though. 

Many thanks,

S

IMG-20210320-WA0006.thumb.jpg.b94bcbd3f0077183abed428438efa7cc.jpg

If that's a Zeiss then you just stuck gold with the 2.8!

The adaptor looks fine to my eyes but take along your camera and check it anyway. If the camea throws a wobbly, just tape over the electrical contacts on the bayonet of the lens.

Here's our mc-s 3.5 focused at infinity.

Good luck:)

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alacant said:

IMG-20210320-WA0006.thumb.jpg.b94bcbd3f0077183abed428438efa7cc.jpg

If that's a Zeiss then you just stuck gold with the 2.8!

The adaptor looks fine to my eyes but take along your camera and check it anyway. If the camea throws a wobbly, just tape over the electrical contacts on the bayonet of the lens.

Here's our mc-s 3.5 focused at infinity.

Good luck:)

Awesome. Good to know I'm getting a good deal. Will for sure take my camera dn check if it fits with my uhc clip in. Let's hope it stays clear for tonight 😁😁