Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette HOO

mackiedlm

This is about 3 hours with the ASI2600mc and the L-enhance. A  reprocess - stacked in APP with the extract Ha and Extract Oiii algorithms then processed in PI using the SHO-AIP script

C&C appreciated

rosette_HOO_Final_Fs.thumb.png.c89a5f532501e87aa9fbccfe9c9ead17.png

Edited by mackiedlm
  • Like 12

Nice colour, the camera/filter combination has worked a treat.

You have gone for quite a "sharp" process which works because you have managed to avoid introducing artefacts.  In fact the sharpness stands out.  It is purely an aesthetic choice but it might be worth doing a softer process as well.  I aways end up torn between crisp and soft!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Nice colour, the camera/filter combination has worked a treat.

You have gone for quite a "sharp" process which works because you have managed to avoid introducing artefacts.  In fact the sharpness stands out.  It is purely an aesthetic choice but it might be worth doing a softer process as well.  I aways end up torn between crisp and soft!

Thanks for that Martin. I do see what you mean in terms of the stars. I did deconvolution on the Ha and Oiii separately but no real sharpening as such after that. I did some star reduction at the end and I wonder id that could be the reason the stars look so sharp?

Would you have a suggestion on how to soften it a little but without losing the definition in the dark and light structures of the nebula - I use PI and PS. (I'm still pretty much a beginner and trying to  work out how to get to a given end result is still my biggest challenge).

Thanks again.