NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Connecting ZWO to Morpheus

Firstly please excuse my utter ignorance but just thinking out loud that I might want to take some simple planetary or lunar photos in the future I’ve got a couple of questions:

I’ve got a CPC925 (Very happy with it visually) with Badder Morpheus EPs. I read that the ZWO ASI224 is a good planetary camera.

Am I correct in thinking that if I connect a M35 to T adapter to the EP thread that I can then screw the ZWO  camera to the adaptor and EP and then get some reasonable images?

I also see that there are other options for using primary focus with Barlows.

any advice on the best entry route to take gladly accepted.

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ve got a 2” click lock visual back on this telescope.

So can you please describe the connection required.

Is it Just a case of locking the 2” rim of the camera into the click lock or better to use the 1 1/4 adaptor that comes with the camera and a click lock reducer (which I've got).

I’m also not really sure about what distances these should be set to or the use of Barlow lenses, is this just a magnification issue.

Thanks again for any advice.

Paul, thanks for that.

Would this work if the camera is fitted in the back of the diagonal?

Also is it worth getting a Barlow lens, I presume this is how you get some magnification?

thanks again fo your help

Yes you could use the diagional,but there is no need to.A barlow will give you more magnification but sometimes not s clear an image.These images of Mars are with and with out a barlow,the moon is no barlow.Same scope and camera as you.

01_19_22_g4_ap8.jpg

20_08_45_g4_ap49.jpg

280920.jpg

• Thanks 1

Paul, looking forward to giving this a go (as soon as I get the camera).

I was looking at this Barlow, which seems to have a thread ready for the camera.

is this a good recommendation or would there be a better Barlow to use?

Thanks

281B98DC-DEA6-4D4C-B35F-496C5320D3E4.thumb.jpeg.0798653ba7f3e8cbeee7598c39064bfb.jpeg

4681D4F4-D4B1-4948-B54B-EC1B70B74EA8.thumb.png.473f35a762aafe1c6b793da73a4bf9e4.png

Its a basic Barlow,have no experience with it,but you dont need a thread for the camera,the camera goes straight into any 1 1 1/4 barlow or any of this size fitting.The camera is an excellent planetary camera,you will enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...