Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HaRGB Horsehead and Flame Nebula in Orion.

Taman

Taken over 2 nights, my first HaRGB image and a beautiful target to try this technique out on.

Thank you to @MartinB for suggesting adding RGB instead of Oiii to the Ha image.

20 x 360s H-Alpha, ASI294MM Pro

40 x 180s, ASI294MC Pro & Optolong L-Pro filter.

Total exposure time 4 hours.

Horsehead.jpg

• Like 11

You've made a good job of this Tony, Alnitak is well controlled, the star colours are good and really add to this image and you have that little patch of reflection nebulosity below the horse showing well.  It ticks my boxes!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MartinB said:

You've made a good job of this Tony, Alnitak is well controlled, the star colours are good and really add to this image and you have that little patch of reflection nebulosity below the horse showing well.  It ticks my boxes!

Thanks Martin, really chuffed with this, probably my best image so far!

Tony.

Edited by Taman

43 minutes ago, theropod said:

That really is some top shelf work! It makes me feel like I’m looking out a viewing port on a space vessel much much closer than we are.

Thanks Theropod!

I was shocked by the amount of detail produced with the 73mm doublet. There was very little sharpening done during processing. Maybe I was transported! 😁

Tony.