SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars and Pleiades conjunction, 05-03-21

55 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Cracking image, definitely a keeper. A very pleasant image of M45 even without the visitor.

Thanks.  Given the short exposures it was a quite satisfying image, though I think I need to do some more work on the background gradients. This was an afterthought of a project, really, as I was originally going for some RGB on the Cone nebula area (Sh2-273) but clouds kept interrupting the 600s exposures I was after.  I swung the rig around to this view as chucking a few exposures away due to passing clouds (and satellites!) wasn't a problem with lot of short ones. I would have collected more than I did but it finally clouded over completely at around 21.00.  Things are going a bit better tonight, another unexpected bonus of an unforecast clear(ish) sky...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hallingskies said:

Things are going a bit better tonight, another unexpected bonus of an unforecast clear(ish) sky...

The sky here was clear as I drove home from work at 7pm but the forecast was marginal.

I really wanted to try my new-to-me Optolong L Pro filter and M45 was a likely target, but I held off setting up. Glad I did, full overcast now.

2 minutes ago, Paul M said:

The sky here was clear as I drove home from work at 7pm but the forecast was marginal.

I really wanted to try my new-to-me Optolong L Pro filter and M45 was a likely target, but I held off setting up. Glad I did, full overcast now.

New kit syndrome - guaranteed to attract clouds.  I've been waiting three months to test the rig I put together and used for this shot...  

• Like 1