SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Keeling Spring star Party cancelled

icpn

Unfortunately with the goverment options on opening campsites Kelling April star party for 2021 has been canceleld. You should hear from Kelling if you had booked about your options. This pretty much closes out the Spring Star party season, at least in observing terms for the UK I think. We can only hope for better in the Autumn.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the info 

I was wondering as self contained accommodation ie caravans Motorhome are allowed to travel after the 12th April is anyone booked in at Kelling for the following week as the star party was for the weekend of the 9th to the 11th April and some people do extended their stay after this 

The new moon  is on the Monday the 12th . I transferred my booking for the following week has anyone else?  

There's a possibility the toilet blocks won't be open. Boris hasn't confirmed yet. We prefer facilities. We just moved our booking to next spring.

it's all getting very tedious.

I suspect with the star party cancelled the lights from toilet blocks etc. will not be blocked out and you will be hit by uncontrolled lighting from normal campers. We have had this issue when people stay outisde the normal dates and it can get fractious.

16 hours ago, icpn said:

I suspect with the star party cancelled the lights from toilet blocks etc. will not be blocked out and you will be hit by uncontrolled lighting from normal campers. We have had this issue when people stay outisde the normal dates and it can get fractious.

Might not be the case when I was at Kelling in September 2020 (when the Autumn star party should of been not the cancelled  1940's weekend Grrrr) people where very accommodating as they  were showing an interest in my rig  and people around me closed curtains etc when I explained about light pollution etc also ended up doing a bit of distanced outreach. 

The toilet block will be closed as I'm guess Kelling may want to save money and keep them darkish also to stop people trying to use them

Really it'll be an excuse to get away with my kit in a location that isn't Bortle 7 like I am at home plus I can get away from the wife for a few days before she joins me the following weekend nice break for us both since we've been together for the last year in our small house lol