Mount for the observatory

oldfruit

I think 10 Micron can do encoder guiding, and possibly the Planewave single arm fork. Neither are anything like cheap.

Beyond those the only hope is a S/H ASA mount, but I think you'd have more luck finding hens' teeth. Unless you can find silly money for the very new DDM 100.

17 hours ago, oldfruit said:

I have had an NEQ6 pro before but was wondering if there are mounts out there that do not require guiding? 

What's your budget?  

There are companies that han hypertune mounts like the upper end of SW (HEQ5 / EQ6 / EQ8) so that you can get upwards of 10 minutes unguided, but you are looking at adding £500 to £800 to the cost of the mount.  After that you are into precision mounts with encoders and zero backlash gearing (iOptron, Paramount, or 10micron or a robotics mount)

Auto-guiding is possible with popular imaging software.

SharpCap for example. It monitors the image for a while and then "locks on" if there is enough data.

No idea if it works on Skywatcher mounts.