NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

200mm pds

MattttaM

I Have a Eq2 mount and cannot afford optical tube and new Eq5 at the same time. Would I get away with using my Eq2 until I can replace it or will the weight of the 200mm just drag it down. Found a real bargain on a optical tube

I would say you would be way over the mount limit, the EQ2 only has load capacity of just over 4kg, the 200PD-S alone weighs 8.8kg,

I'm afraid if you want to go with the 200PD-S you really need to upgrade the mount first,

16 hours ago, MattttaM said:

I Have a Eq2 mount and cannot afford optical tube and new Eq5 at the same time. Would I get away with using my Eq2 until I can replace it or will the weight of the 200mm just drag it down. Found a real bargain on a optical tube

In a word - Nope !

The EQ5 is really on the limit for a 200P / 200PDS.  (having started with an EQ5/200p combo myself) - The ideal minimum mount for a 200PDS is an HEQ5 in my opinion