Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 Strip down guide

Astro_Baby

BV - yes I'll add that to the procedure later this weekend. I also spotted a small mistake which I'll change.

I did tell you the RA is a pig to do - I had mine to what I tyhought was perfect a few times only to find that the motors were binding at one point of the cycle.

All done now and Ill make some small amendments to the guide as well - thanks everyone for input to this.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Lu - my brother used to make balsa wood planes - he used to say if when you got to the end it looked like a plane you were doing really well - if your thumb still looked like a thumb you were a genius :rolleyes:

I quite like messing about with tools and mechanical stuff - I find it soothing but if truth be told I prefer to cook at least then I have some idea of what its supposed to look like LOL

Sorry Billy - when I packed in shooting after the handgun ban everything I had went west. I have had a divorce since then and about 5 changes of address so anything that was 'baggage' was dumped.

Hi astro_baby

I cannot believe the hobbies we have both in common. I did start with balsa planes and then moved on from rubber power to jetex and the diesel the first was teh free flight Which i may add I still have and use most years at the BMFA nationals. This along with all types of other RC stuff helicopters included but then when I saw you had also been into hand guns I could not quite believe it I started with single shot rimfire 22 after I got the bug and joined a few clubs I ended up with 5 hand guns before Mr Blair decided that we could no longer be trusted with them they where a semi auto 22 and 32 FAS competition pistol then a 38 Dan Wesson a 38 Super mag Dan Wesson and finally a 45 Colt semi auto I used the 38 and the 45 for police pistol and the super mag just for pleasure on the rifle range. I also had a complete setup for casting my own slugs and reloading my own shells but was all worth nothing in the end I still have the lead smelting pot lol. But then as you say we had to give them all up. and sell for a fraction of what they had cost me and nothing for the ammo. I could have moved over to riles but they did not interest me at all I did try a spell a black powder .5 musket type but it did not last long. they worst part was I was good and won many competitions in the 22 and 32 sections and the odd one at police pistol even at Bisly the home of the NRA in London. But that is all a distant past now and Iv moved on and done may other hobbies none that was a exciting as shooting apart from scuba diving when I was in the West Indies and off the coat of Kenya And finally I have landed here at Astronomy which in a way meshes with my other hobby that I am still doing that is I build live steam locomotives and traction engines. I am half way through two 3 1/2 gauge locos at the moment. But the workshop i have really comes in handy in my astronomy as im able to do any and everything myself.. well once I find out what needs to be done that is....

Anyway we will have to talk some more if we ever meet up at a starparty on our past hobbies..;)

Regards Andy

Archived