NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIAir Pro saving images?

Just been out with my ASIAir Pro for the 1st time to set everything up, Test Run.

my setup is as follows:

EQ6 Pro
ED80 Blue tube version
Main camera Canon 600D
Guide Camera ASI120MM Mini on QHY Mini guide scope

Everything connected up no problem, Polar aligned worked, Guiding worked, 

took images, it showed them on the preview screen, but it's not saved them anywhere? not on the SD card or the extra drive that came with it not even saved any on DSLR even though i had save images to DSLR simultaneously ? turned on

I'm not to concerned about them not being saved as it was just a test run however i would like to know where i have gone wrong is there something i have not done that i should have or should it save images automatically ?

any tips would be gratefully accepted 🙂

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Did you set up a target in autorun ? otherwise you have to save the images manually with the button bottom right.

No i don't think i used autorun ? :iamwithstupid: and did not know about the other button, like i said :iamwithstupid:

Ah well lesson learned, i did think it would automatically save an image to dslr though, i take it that's not the case ?

7 minutes ago, Thorney said:

I think they only save in the auto run mode. They will save as FITS on the sd card but if you save them on the camera they will still be in RAW

I didn't use autorun, will next time though, i just assumed it would automatically save images to either sd card on pro or dslr