Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera focus questions...

To set the stage, I have a Panasonic micro 4/3rds mirrorless camera and the necessary m4/3-T2 and T2-1.25" nosepiece adapters to attach it to a scope drawtube. Scopes are as per my signature. I have absolutley NO aspirations to be doing serious imaging so I'm expecting nothing beyond a "snapshot of the Moon" type of thing.

I tried attaching the camera to my SW114P Virtuoso (yes, I know it's rather too much for the focuser but bear with me). I could not achieve (infinity) focus, I assume because the focus point is within the drawtube and the sensor can't get there. Lateral thinking - use a Barlow. I have a Baader Classic-Q 2.25x and with that I can achieve focus. I also have an ES 2x focal extender, that did not quite allow focus (close but no cigar). First question then - is it down to the different factors or or down to the barlow vs FE that the Baader works?

Second question: I noticed whilst playing with daytime use that if I put the camera in at 45-degrees I get an upright image. That's puzzling me - why the tilt?

Third question: I've not yet tried it since it's a bit more faff, would I be right to assume the same setup of camera>adapters>barlow will work in an equivalent fashion on my 150PL scope? Or indeed, anything primarily setup for visual?

Thanks for any answers! Just to re-iterate, I've no interest in pouring money in, upgrading anything or attempting more than short-exposure "snaps" at present (never say never though). I just want to advance my knowledge a bit.