Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m81

alacant

Hi everyone

Another dose of Saharan dust from the southerlies cut this one shorter than we would have liked but still able to add an all importent 60 minutes to the two hours collected on Thursday, the latter also being curtailed, on that occasion by fog. You can't win.

With almost zero star colour, it was down to StarTools' entropy module to bring forward a bit of the hydrogen of the cigar. May try a UHC layer. It seems to isolate the Ha quite well.

Thanks for looking and do please post if you've had a go at this or WHY.

700d on gso203 @ ISO800

1-81-fin.jpg

*EDIT

Managed another 8 frames. A bit cleaner maybe? Or -more likely- a bit worse...

745848350_3-81(1).thumb.jpg.1e2650c61f2e08005aa7f406c8a187a2.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Stu Wilson said:

results on M81

Yeah, same here. M82 seems much brighter.

1 hour ago, Stu Wilson said:

10 min subs

That should be enough to record the 'fire' emanating from m82. With a DSLR, I think I'll have to resort to filters to get the same.

Been grabbing some time on these two over the past few weeks too. Telescope wholly unsuited for galaxies, but they position themselves nicely above my house in the late night/very early morning.

Possibly went a bit too far with the colour saturation, but was the first target I've tried processing with startools, and as soon as l saw a hint of blue and red in the arms of M81 I wanted more!! 😁

20210221_225524.jpg

• Like 3