NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO ASIAIR Pro WIFI question

Hi Folks, 

Ive just purchased a asair Pro and am presently awaiting delivery of a tablet on which to work it. 

I've read a lot about the poor WiFi signal emitted by the asiair pro and wondered if this would work when working away from home by simply plugging it into a usb port on the pro. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JDVRCI0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_18H6Q2H5NS0SBJY1GA36

On another note, I have set up an extender in my garage to boost the house WiFi into the garden. The problem is that extender creates a different address that works in garden but by the time it reaches my lounge is operating at 30mbs, is this enough? I have a long ethernet cable to connect the Asiair to the extender, so Im assuming that should be OK.

Thanks for your help 

Simon 

Edited by Simon Dunsmore
Error

Hi Simon

I could be wrong but I very much doubt that the wifi adapter will work on the ASI Air Pro because the drivers would be made for Windows or Apple Mac and the ASI Air essentially wouldn't know what to do with it.  However, while you are away from home you should be able to connect directly to the ASI Air using your phone or tablet.  Once you have set it up for the night using the app and it has started an image run, it will do its thing without needing the controlling device near it.  

I use mine exclusively in my garden, which the wifi signal from my house doesn't reach well.  I therefore use one of these to create a wifi point from the extension lead I have at the base of my tripod and so far it works well.  However, I have seen that others buy a wifi signal booster and rather than boosting their wifi signal, they boost the signal of the ASI Air Pro.  I guess it depends on your garden and what works for you. 

In relation to the speed is that 30mbs internet speed or the speed on your internal network?  I would be surprised if this wasn't fast enough because everything is happening internally on the ASI Air and the only ongoing interaction between that and your tablet would be during the setup, plate solving and downloading previews of the photos on your device.

Jem  

• Thanks 1

Whilst that wifi aerial can be used on Linux you'd need access to the AsiairPro to load the drivers which is restricted by ZWO and could be overwritten by an update.

I too have an extender in the garage but it extends the wifi with the same SSID (you may be able to do that on yours) so I can use my home network around the house and in garage/garden even though the devices are going via the extender(s) or the router. 

• Thanks 1