Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen FL55SS and QHYCCD/ZWO

The user guide for the scope does show a more detailed (but typically non-informative) schematic for the various AP connection options. It does take some out of the box thinking to arrive at where you have DroneSaif!

Vixen designs its products to service its domestic market and the widespread use of Canon DSLR for AP in Japan (and probably also what the company president uses) is what would have made them develop a full frame adaptor only for that brand:

https://global.vixen.co.jp/en/product/38751_9/

Even in the diagram, the CCD camera is shown connecting via T-C rather than something more up to date and therefore using the 60mm-T ring!

Cheers, Pete

image.thumb.png.20fd6b8057dfb23de62cf3e9cb5a34bc.png

11 hours ago, pete_gamby said:

Even in the diagram, the CCD camera is shown connecting via T-C rather than something more up to date and therefore using the 60mm-T ring!

Hi, 

I did start from this diagram but was flummoxed because the CCD camera is shown without the Flattener & reducer. 

Worked it out with the help of guys here (and a couple of guys in Facebook)

• 8 months later...

Hi @DroneSaif, I'm interested in getting the FL55SS too, possibly to pair with a ASI533MC. Since the 533's 1" sensor is pretty small, do you think I need a flattener for this scope? 

And if I add in the reducer for a wider FOV, is the flattener needed as well? Thank you!

On 26/03/2021 at 07:24, DroneSaif said:

Ok to conclude this so that the next person seduced by the vixen(😁) will have an easier time.

The back focus from the Flattener kit is 63.5mm. 

The kit comes with a female 60mm thread. You will need to get an adaptor from 60mm to your preferred size. Vixen does have a 60-42 male to male adaptor ( see above for link). The adaptor is 5mm thick. This is what is in the photo. There are other adaptors available for they are hard to find. 

The QHY294C pro comes with a built in back focus of 17.5mm. This is a 42mm female thread. 

This leaves 41mm for filter box, OAG, rotator and any additional adaptor needed. 

Hope this helps someone in the future!!

AD4FCD8E-5647-463B-A541-F945B0F721A0.jpeg

Would love o e of these scopes but it's lots of money for the aperture.