Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nexstar slt 90 vs synscan Skymax 102

Hi all, 

I'm in the process of looking at getting my first scope, I was initially looking at getting an AZ GTi mount with Skymax but with the price rises I am now looking at a used celestron Nexstar slt 90 or sky watcher synscan with skymax 102.

Other than the 102 having more light gathering ability, is there any difference between the mounts? 

I was looking at the WiFi adapters for each as would like to control via sky safari and seems the Celestron one is about twice the price. 

Also how portable are the mounts do they pack down relatively well as storage is at a premium? 

Any other suggestions on subtable scopes would be welcome. 

I'm looking for a scope mainly for moon and planets etc

Ideally goto to be able to show my son things quickly, but not essential. 

Something that is fairly portable

My budget is 400 max including mount

Think I have read so much, but am still having trouble deciding. 

Thanks in advance for your help and advice 

Admittedly no experience of these, so apologies if this is a little woolly. There is a difference in the alignment software and method of alignment.

If I remember rightly, the Celestron is apparently slightly easier to align, with a simpler process.   But I think I’d have the 102 over the 90.