NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

pushing the edge of the envelope

Hi Folks,

Just for fun, lets say i had a 250 dob OTA and a Heq5 pro mount, would this be a happy or at least tolerant marriage?

I actually do have these, but usually use a 130PDS on the mount. I was just looking at the two scopes sitting side by side wondering.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Simon Dunsmore

7 minutes ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Fair play 🤣😂

Just how bad was it?? 

It did work. On a quiet night I managed to guide at about 1" RMS. This was before I modded my Heq5.

Fact that I needed 15Kg of CWs made me feel really uneasy. Mount should be good for up to 15Kg I think - and OTA alone here is 11Kg. Add guide scope, rings and all that - and I was really conscious of the weight of setup all the time and always looked it something would give. I would say that setup was on upper limit even as far as visual goes.

I'm guessing that 10" is even heavier - at least few Kg. That is really going to push the mount past it payload capacity.