12" dob - My 2nd photo of the M42 - Orion Nebula. First time that I tested the TS Optics 0.5x reducer

Tiago Ferreira

My 2nd photo of the M42 - Orion Nebula. It was the first time that I tested the TS Optics 0.5x reducer on the ZWO ASI224MC. As expected, using a 0.5x reducer in this cam, coma appear on the edges so I cut around it to be less visible. Anyway I am satisfied because with the reducer I can increase the frame in this camera for larger objects.
12" GSO Dobsonian
Equatorial platform Geoptik Eartha
ZWO ASI224MC Camera
TS Optics 0.5x reducer
Processed by DeepSkyStacker and Photoshop

Orion nebula M42_big.jpg

Edited by astrocanito

• Tiago Ferreira changed the title to 12" dob - My 2nd photo of the M42 - Orion Nebula. First time that I tested the TS Optics 0.5x reducer

yes, may be out. Thank you to warn it.  I really was focused on testing the reducer with different adapters and changing a lot to see the different results. Also changing with focus extension to check and also with an eyepiece.

The thing is i was testing and i wanted to measure differences to check if a parfocal ring will work and the aprox. distance between cam and EP. As it was horrible seeing my intention was not to get a perfect picture, but testing. I don't have a bahtinov mask, i'm too lazy to add it to my set up, i just make simple focus hand adjustment and usually works fine.

Of course at the end i was playing with processing and like the result to share.

I'm sure i will do it again and next time i will centre my attention at focus.

PS: and i also will pay attention if the reducer has some impact on that, i don't know.

Edited by astrocanito