NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore scientific ed80 reducer flattener

Dave2292

• 1 month later...

Hello, i am just bumping this thread as i was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter to go between the extension tube on the explore scientific ed80 and the stella mira field flattener with the 2 inch nose piece removed (female m48 thread) . the extension tube thread which needs an adapter is a male thread with the diameter of 52mm (using a tape) . hoping someone has done this to their ed80 on here.

thank you

The Stellmira flatteners are the same as the OVL ones. Just different badge.

Removing the nosepiece on the 1.0 flattener reveals a female M48 thread and removing it on the 0.8 reducer reveals a female M54 thread (the advertised M48 female thread is wrong)

11 hours ago, iapa said:

As the StellaMira range is produced for FLO, your 1st and best option is to get in touch with the FLO team.

I have asked them a while ago, they didn't seem to know, if I remember correctly they said it'll be fine with the noise piece but definitely getting some kind of tilt. 

10 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

The Stellmira flatteners are the same as the OVL ones. Just different badge.

Removing the nosepiece on the 1.0 flattener reveals a female M48 thread and removing it on the 0.8 reducer reveals a female M54 thread (the advertised M48 female thread is wrong)

That's interesting about the reducer, thanks for that info as I was thinking about getting that in the future.