Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 & M101 - Single Shot Images

Nigeyboy

Hi all

Some may have seen my previous post (M13 & M104), and I have received a couple more images back through from the OU CoAST Telescope in Tenerife. These are again just single 3 minute exposures of M51 and M101, taken last night.

No real editing again apart from some level tweaks in PS! I am going to start pulling data on just M101, and attempt some stacking to pull out more detail. Obviously, all I have done here is request the target via a web portal, set the exposure and filter types etc and pressed send! The telescope did the rest! No skill like the rest of you guys, but it has really filled me with excitement to log on in the morning, and see the results come through. Plus, when will I ever get to use an AP set up like CoAST in my own garden!!

So - here is M51

MESSIER51.jpg.bfe16bd8d009839c08b46cb807d84721.jpg

And M101 . . . . . . 

MESSIER101.jpg.3b46fe3f0edb94e5ff5814a170970bc9.jpg

Thanks!

Nige

• Like 7

Thanks @peter shah. Like I say, single shot but quite a lot of detail. I chose the black and white option, as a few days prior my colour request didn't come out at all! I'm hoping to focus on either M51 or M101 and collect some more data. Then try some stacking! I think I only have use of the scope while I'm doing the course, so trying to make the most of it! 

• Like 1