Mount suitable for a TAL 100RS

Hi,

I am new to the forum and just rediscovering my love of astronomy. I recently bought a TAL 100RS refractor and am looking for a suitable mount. Ideally i would like one that could be computer controlled, but that may be price prohibitive. The scope ways about 4.5-4.8kg. I  did wonder about EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC IEXOS-100 PMC-EIGHT, but would really appreciate advice from people who no far  more than I!! I am happy to go second hand.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Hi @IDMand welcome to SGL. Mounted mine on a Skywatcher AZ4 mount & tripod with the Steel legs, then later on I acquired a second hand Skytee 2 AZ mount. 
The Steel leg tripod is brilliant and rock solid, I can’t recommend it highly enough!
Can’t comment on the go-to computer mounts as I’m purely a visual observer and I’m into quick and easy setups without any hassle & faff especially with the dodgy weather we have in South Wales 😩

FEE8C9BD-D733-4324-B538-6462B1272765.jpeg

2DE390CC-31B7-40D9-9818-47DEF6361E1D.jpeg

• Like 1

agreed on the EQ5, mine rides on that very mount and has SynScan goto fitted also, tho I've not tried to computer control it. Worth having the long dovetail bar too, rather than the standard short one that comes as standard so you can better balance the scope as in dweller25's pic above. I have another manual Eq5 so switch between depending on the mood and expected length of session, I'll likely add an RA or dual-motor kit to that at some stage.

Congrats on picking up a fine scope by the way 🙂 

Edited by DaveL59