Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Asair Pro - iOptron or SkyWatcher Mounts

vindubs

I currently have a Williams optics setup mounted on a SkyWatcher EQM35 Pro which although not fully run seems to work great with the Asair Pro.

I'm looking to purchase a new mount and really torn between the SkyWatcher EQ 6R Pro or the iOptron CEM26 or GEM28.  The mount choice is one but of course having the Asair Pro I want to make sure the iOptron can fully work as well.   

Keen to hear anyones thoughts on both mount and compatibility.

Vin

Both should work fine but then its question of size. I have a CEM25 and I would put it in the EQ5 class size of mount for capacity. The EQ6R is bigger and heavier and just as capable of the iOptron in terms of performance but with a bigger load capacity. You can never have too much mount but portability and capacity need to be considered.

3 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Both should work fine but then its question of size. I have a CEM25 and I would put it in the EQ5 class size of mount for capacity. The EQ6R is bigger and heavier and just as capable of the iOptron in terms of performance but with a bigger load capacity. You can never have too much mount but portability and capacity need to be considered.

Thanks for the feed back.  I keep dropping back to the EQ6R due to having a SkyWatcher already.  But the iOptrons appear to take a lot of weight and the GEM28 looks promising 

I had an AZEQ6 and it was a good mount. Downsized things and now have the CEM25P and also a good mount, I've had a 100mm f7 doublet on it for imaging, maybe 8kg total. If I wanted a bigger mount again, I think I would go for an iOptron again.

Regarding compatibility with the ASIAir, I'm on the FB page and there are folk on there that use their Air with iOptrons.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

I had an AZEQ6 and it was a good mount. Downsized things and now have the CEM25P and also a good mount, I've had a 100mm f7 doublet on it for imaging, maybe 8kg total. If I wanted a bigger mount again, I think I would go for an iOptron again.

Regarding compatibility with the ASIAir, I'm on the FB page and there are folk on there that use their Air with iOptrons.

Does sound promising to go iOptron thank you