NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Processing of ASIair images

Thorney

Hello everyone. 

Apologies if this has been covered before or I am making a silly mistake but upon my search I can’t find any helpful information. 

I have just recently purchased the ASIair pro and finally after a few failed nights I was able to capture some data last night on the horse and flame nebula. 

I took 12x300sec ISO800 with a unmodded 600D DSLR, RedCat 51 and Optolong Lextreme. After realising the images were a Fits file I stacked them in DSS and took the image to photoshop. In photoshop the image was in the grey channel so I changed to it RGB and done a quick stretch and curve but no detail or colour was showing, just some weird black and grey patterns. 

Have I done something wrong or is there another process i need to do now the images are in FITS instead of the RAW my DSLR used to take. Or failing that is there a way of saving the images to my camera instead of the SD card. 

Hope someone has advise and I haven’t missed any important information out. 

Thanks 

I assume the Lights were saved to the ASIair memory stick. I dont use DSLR but there is something in the manual about DSLR.

I am not sure but I think you can save direct to the DSLR scan disk. Kick me if I am wrong.

Here is a copy of the manualZWO_ASIAIR_PRO_User_Manual.pdf. Hope this helps

Get it all working indoors in the warm during the daylight. Makes life so much easier :)

35 minutes ago, valleyman said:

I assume the Lights were saved to the ASIair memory stick. I dont use DSLR but there is something in the manual about DSLR.

I am not sure but I think you can save direct to the DSLR scan disk. Kick me if I am wrong.

Here is a copy of the manualZWO_ASIAIR_PRO_User_Manual.pdf. Hope this helps

Get it all working indoors in the warm during the daylight. Makes life so much easier :)

Thank you. Yes lights were saved on the memory stick. I did have a quick look through the manual but couldn’t find much on the subject. I’ll have a proper read through it later on. I was just to eager to make use of the clear skies 

At the moment I just save my images to the DSLR memory card. You don't have to save the images into the asiair memory card. I use my asiair to polar align and guide and that's it (that's not to say I will use more of the functions at a later date).