Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Az GTi tick tock

Trentend

First try this evening with an Az GTi on Gitzo mount and Mak127. Quick and easy to set up and seemed to take the weight of kit (circa 5kg) in its stride. Tracked moon and Mars very accurately.

Only criticism, there was a small but distinct judder every couple of seconds like the ticking of a clock as the unit tracked. Presume this is down to damping of the tripod (lightweight series 5) rather than the mount? Hoped it would track more smoothly. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Trentend said:

First try this evening with an Az GTi on Gitzo mount and Mak127. Quick and easy to set up and seemed to take the weight of kit (circa 5kg) in its stride. Tracked moon and Mars very accurately.

Only criticism, there was a small but distinct judder every couple of seconds like the ticking of a clock as the unit tracked. Presume this is down to damping of the tripod (lightweight series 5) rather than the mount? Hoped it would track more smoothly. Thoughts?

I completely stripped my one down the grease that SW uses may as well be glue.

Also as above the worm can be too tight and stick and you should get the latest firmware.

Its a mount with nice potential but horrible quality control issues.

Adam

7 minutes ago, Trentend said:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll investigate. Presume neither will invalidate the warranty?

Adjusting the worm gear wont so long as you take care.

I would consider re-greasing to be mantainance but you should take advice from your supplier on that.

Maybe try the former before the latter.

Adam

Edited by Adam J