NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Jellyfish

mackiedlm

Another from my couple of clear nights around New Year.

Managed 4 hours on this one which I know is not enough but even at that I am a little disappointed with it if I'm honest. Maybe my focus or tracking was off a bit but it just does not feel as crisp as I'd like it

Hypercam 269C, SW 80ED, NEQ6

79 X 180s with L-eNhance filter

Stacked APP, processed Pixinsight

Jellyfish_final.thumb.png.fa9c741e5b4a90ace93f860a9235b74e.png

C&C Welcome

• Like 16

It looks great.  I've always found the Jellyfish quite tricky to process and you have done a very nice job.  The L-enhance filter seems to have failed to pick up the fine OIII signal around the periphery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinB said:

It looks great.  I've always found the Jellyfish quite tricky to process and you have done a very nice job.  The L-enhance filter seems to have failed to pick up the fine OIII signal around the periphery.

Thanks for that Martin.

I think whats happened here is that I had about 85% moon and not that far off target. The L-enhance is great but you definitely get some moonlight leakage in the Oiii band and I think this may have swamped the fine Oiii.  It would be interesting to try the same target on a moonless night.

On the other hand it could just be my Ham-fisted processing😀

rgds

David.