Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Super Moon 4th April 20

Going through Lightroom the last few days editing various pictures from last year (clouds, snow, rain and lockdown what else is there to do). I completely forgot about the shots of the super moon taken back in April, I was hoping to image it rising behind a few village buildings but as I recall the clouds rolled in just as it was due to rise. Anyhow, I kept my camera setup and shot the following a few hours later.

Canon 6D mkii & WhiteCat 51

386114052_SuperMoon07_04_20.thumb.jpg.7338e3694070d0a41f9e958d0302ec57.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Scooot said:

Lovely image. I presume you took different exposures? 

Yep I was experimenting that night it’s either exposure bracketing with high speed continuous shoot mode or two different exposures manually set. Blended in photoshop and tonight in Lightroom I changed it to monochrome, 1:1 crop and radial filter to add a vignette. 

Edited by Andy R
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andy R said:

Yep I was experimenting that night it’s either exposure bracketing with high speed continuous shoot mode or two different exposures manually set. Blended in photoshop and tonight in Lightroom I changed it to monochrome, 1:1 crop and radial filter to add a vignette. 

Thanks, I always wonder what method people use to combine as it’s not always that easy with the moon.  You’ve done a very good job as the bright full moon retains a natural look amongst the clouds.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scooot said:

Thanks, I always wonder what method people use to combine as it’s not always that easy with the moon.  You’ve done a very good job as the bright full moon retains a natural look amongst the clouds.

Thanks Richard, have you seen the Alyn Wallace youtube video of how he edits his HDR moon images. I didnt use his method on this but may try it on the raw files to see how it comes out. If you havent have a look at his channel, he posted it about 5 months or so ago.

Andy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy R said:

Thanks Richard, have you seen the Alyn Wallace youtube video of how he edits his HDR moon images. I didnt use his method on this but may try it on the raw files to see how it comes out. If you havent have a look at his channel, he posted it about 5 months or so ago.

Andy

Will do thanks.