Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A full review of Geoptik Eartha Eq platform with a 12" inch dobson telescope

Looks like a nice serious piece of kit! bit pricey though!

Theres a very similar design being developed by a guy on FB- search for TEPP or triangulum- has same adjustable latitude mechanism by the looks but he’s added a second motor to tilt dob in altitude axis- nice for fine adjustments I guess

Mark

Edited by markse68

16 hours ago, markse68 said:

Looks like a nice serious piece of kit! bit pricey though!

Theres a very similar design being developed by a guy on FB- search for TEPP or triangulum- has same adjustable latitude mechanism by the looks but he’s added a second motor to tilt dob in altitude axis- nice for fine adjustments I guess

Mark

Thanks. I saw a group and asked to join to see how it is. For what i see was not released yet. I like strong platforms so may be interesting. I'm done with light and cheap ones, isn't worth it. That one says until 100kg so it has to be robust.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2021 at 04:04, AlexK said:

I guess it was not set up properly yet on the first video? As I see the scope rocking like crazy from touches :)

lol yes it is. Could be. It has 2 strong forks that stick the rocker to the platform and i'm not sure if i put it right on the video at first time. Usually i look down to check it but here i didn't. If not well fitted, when touching, at some time later it enter the hole(s) and stick that's why i always check if it's properly fitted. It happen before.

And then with the set up completely unbalanced with the heavy cap on top didn't help, yes could be my mistake on placing it.

When i'm in my daily regular use that tilt doesn't happen. But also i do things nice and steady and check it, also with a properly balanced set up. In videos i made after this one, in which i also have the platform it doesn't shake at all. Like the one where i talk about balancing the dob. There you can see a lot the difference lool

Edited by astrocanito