Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Almost 7 hours on the Horse-Head and Flame

Put all my data on this target (6 h 50 min) together. All captured with my APM 80mm F/6 with Tele-Vue TRF-2008 0.8x reducer and modded Canon EOS 550D. Some 2 h 15 min of data from 2019 were captured with just a CLS-CCD filter in place, the rest was captured on December 18 and 24 with an Optolong L-eXtreme filter. Still a bit noisy, but I am getting more detail.

HH-Flame-24600_0s.thumb.jpg.c5a94ad0cb2ec10a760fa489dd7c03b2.jpg

I hope to get more data without Optolog L-eXtreme filter from a darker site, and in particular a bit more above the current frame, so I don't have to clip off the L-eXtreme data.

• Like 19

Lovely shot with nice detail around the flame and HH. I always find Alnitak annoying in any of these shots. One of our fellow Mods did a PS video on how to remove the glare from it but though I tried many times I could never follow it and use another method that Olly helped me with, one that I have long since forgotten.

Alan 

• Like 1