NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone using canon 6d

Just wondering if anyone can give me a good start point for the settings when using this camera for astro, mine is unmodded presently and is connected up to my esprit 120ed pro, all controlled via NINA and guided via phd2 mounted on neq6 pro. Any pointers are very welcome.

Yes I use a Canon 6D.

They produce low noise at high ISO, so I use ISO 1600.

Dither the DSLR 12 pixels, and instead of Darks, shoot Bias and load as Darks in your Stacking software.

Image scale with your 120ED is okay.

Not sure if the image circle will fill the Full Frame sensor, but apply Flats and crop the final result if necessary !

Michael

Wow that is stunning David!! I think my esprit 120 ed with its matched flattener should be ok, ive never done bias or flats before so plenty to learn, ive previously been using a modded canon 1000d and had some ok results but really like the idea of the 6d full frame

2 hours ago, dark knight said:

Where do i set the dither to 12 pixels, would that be in NINA?

Yes, there seem to be several ways in NINA.

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/advanced/dithering/

In theory David's 350mm FL image is very undersampled at 3.83arcsecs/pixel, but doesn't half look good !

(We're going to the Christmas Lights at Stourhead, so I'll be driving through Westbury tomorrow evening )

Michael